I get lost in my food. By that I mean almost every time I eat, I become so raptured in the flavors, colors, and textures that I forgot where and who I am and when I am done my feeding frenzy (no self control) … I usually have questions such as, “What just happened!?”, “How!?”, “No!?”, What!?”, “Where am I!?” “What is this!?” “Was that real!?” and so on and so forth. I love my food and I think my food loves me too. I cannot imagine NOT being stoked out of my mind every time I eat! I need to a) know that the food is good for me and b) know it’s gonna taste amazing, otherwise it ain’t goin’ down. I see myself as being in a relationship with the food I choose to eat … since we ARE going to change each other forever, right down to the molecular level.
Point being: the above mentioned reaction is exactly what happened when I bit into this recipe. I hope you react the same. Or else you can just think I’m a strange girl who spends all day kissing fruit and secretly wants to marry her blueberry bushes.
Wait, can I do that?
MARINATED ZUCCHINI & TOMATO LASAGNA WITH CASHEW HERB CHEESE
For the Lasagna
- 1 zucchini
- 5 tomatoes
- Olive oil, Himalayan salt, black pepper and coriander
- 1 cup spinach leaves
For the Cashew Herb Cheese
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 cup water (more or less, as needed)
- Dash of turmeric, paprika and coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 garlic clove
- To marinate the zucchini and tomatoes: slice the zuke into thin strips on a mandolin, and chop the tomatoes. Rub them in oil and spices and put in the dehydrator for 1-3 hours, or in the oven at the lowest temperature.
- To make the cheese: blend everything until smooth and very thick.
- To assemble: layer slices of tomato, zucchini and spinach with cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro and coriander. Chomp.
Emily’s Blog: The Rawsome Vegan Life can be found here: www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com/
Emily’s Book: Rawsome Vegan Baking can be found here: http://amzn.to/1g9QHICSource