A CREATIVE PLANT-BASED TAKE ON THE TRADITIONAL. Lasagna qualifies as a favorite comfort food for many. Unfortunately though, its creamy richness leaves you loaded and clogged. Here’s a lighter version to ensure you can enjoy this comfort food over and over again, sans guilt and calorie overload. Layers of marinated eggplant and zucchini strips sandwiched with mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes, creamy pine nut cheese and basil pesto make a refreshing hearty raw meal.
This amazing pesto is not only light but actually good for you. Simply blitz hemp seeds, pine nuts and basil leaves in your high-speed blender with olive oil to make this vibrant green goodness to enjoy with raw pasta dishes too!
This yummy raw vegan lasagna makes for a great pot-luck dish to enjoy with family and friends, vegans and non-vegans alike!
TRY ONCE AND ENJOY OVER‘N OVER AGAIN!
- 2 eggplants, thinly sliced into strips
- 3 zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
- 5 large tomatoes
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups pine nuts
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 2 large handfuls basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large handful basil leaves
- Slice the large tomatoes and place on a dehydrating tray, allow to dehydrate for about 24 hours.
- Marinate sliced mushrooms and eggplant strips in balsamic vinegar and a touch of olive oil; set aside and allow to marinate for 1 hour. Next, allow zucchini slices to marinate in 1/2 cup olive oil for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine 1 cup pine nuts and 2 tbsp olive oil, add water as needed to reach desired consistency for pine nut “cheese.”
- For the pesto sauce, blend 2 large handfuls basil, 1 cup pine nuts, 1/4 cup olive oil and 1 cup hemp seeds in a food processor.
- In a large glass pan, layer zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, “cheese”, sundried tomatoes, basil leaves and hemp pesto sauce. Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and extra hemp seeds.