1. 5 INGREDIENT BLACK BEAN CHILLI
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, diced ( + coconut or olive oil)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean + chopped into bite sized pieces (organic when possible | ~4 cups)
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa (chunky is best)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans (with salt | if unsalted, add more salt), slightly drained
- 2 cups vegetable stock + 2 cups water
Recipe and image by MinimalistBaker, where you can find the rest of ingredients and full preparation instructions!
2. CREAMY POLENTA & MUSHROOMS
A warm and cozy meal!
- for the polenta:
- 1 cup polenta
- 3 cups water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (or vegan earth balance)
- ¼ cup grated asiago cheese (optional), plus extra to go on top
- salt, pepper
Recipe and image by Loveandlemons, where you can find the full preparation instructions.
3. BUTTERNUT SQUASH RAMEN BOWL WITH RICE NOODLES, TOFU AND PEA SHOOTS
This recipe makes one delicious, super hearty serving for one, and of course is easily multiplied with the right math skills and an extra bowl or two!
4. CHICKPEA & ARTICHOKE ‘BLISS IN A DISH’ ONE-POT WONDER
Toothsome chickpeas, soothing potatoes, filling black beans, Mediterranean seasonings and briny olives with a touch of sweetness thrown in. Need you know more? Get the recipe here.
5. AFRICAN PEANUT & SWEET POTATO STEW
This delicious vegan and gluten-free stew is made of pantry staples. It’s hearty enough to hold-up on its own, or serve it with rice or quinoa and get more servings out of it.
Get the full recipe at Vegangela
6. SPAGHETTI PUTTANESCA WITH OLIVES & ARTICHOKES
This one pot spaghetti alla puttanesca packs a punch of protein & flavor with whole wheat pasta, olives, capers, chickpeas, and artichoke hearts, plus a little spice. It can be ready in under 30 minutes! It’s fast, easy, delicious, and pretty fun to make.
7. EASY CREAMY TOMATO BARLEY RISOTTO
- 1 cup dry pot barley
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1.5 cups canned pureed/diced tomatoes (15 oz can)
- 1 cup almond milk (or other milk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (provides the cheesy/creamy taste)
- 1/2 tbsp Miso, mixed with 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/4-1/2 tsp kosher salt, to taste
8. EASY LENTIL, SWEET POTATO & COCONUT CURRY
Who’s in for a nourishing dish that requires minimal food preparation?
See recipe and preparation at Detoxinista
9. VEGAN EGGPLANT PASTA
This dish is:
Light yet filling
Rich with tomato flavor
Full of good-for-you veggies
Vegan (and gluten free optional)
And best of all, EASY
Recipe by Minimalist Baker
10. KALE & CANNELINI BEAN SOUP
Those simple pleasures in life… they do matter…
Recipe from Mayihavethatrecipe
11. INDIAN ALOO GOBI (POTATO & CAULIFLOWER)
The cashew cream and tomato sauce that creates the fragrant sauce for this bowl of noodles is savory and rich!
- 1 cauliflower head, chopped into florets*
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped*
- 1 large garlic clove, minced*
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger*
- 20 raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 2 hours (a little less than 1/4 cup)
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 large red potato, Blade C, noodles trimmed*
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, to garnish
12. CAULIFLOWER, KALE & CHICKPEA CURRY
Deep-nourishing and relatively quick comfort.There’s lots of vegetables, spice, stew-y tomato richness, tender greens, and the heft of chickpeas to fill it out.
Full recipe by Thefirstmess
13. VEGGIE & SOBA NOODLE SOUP
Recipe from Theglowingfridge
14. GLUTEN FREE MEXICAN CASSEROLE
Rice, beans and a blend of veggies make up the base of this casserole. Slow cooked with some traditional spices, the ingredients really have a chance to get all cozy with one another, resulting in a casserole that has incredible flavor, bite after bite.
Recipe from Glutenfreeveganpantry
15. ‘CHEESY’ BROCCOLI PASTA
This next recipe is perfect for when you’ve had a long, tiring day and all you want to do is crash! It’s healthy comfort food that tastes anything but good for you…
16. WEST AFRICAN PEANUT SOUP
Yep that’s right! Can you ever resist anything that has peanut butter in it? This is creamy and comforting, spicy vegan soup with West African origins.
17. SOUTHWEST TOFU SCRAMBLE
A pinch of turmeric and spinach leaves give this recipe special healing properties. See why in the recipe here.
18. POMEGRANATE, KALE, AND WILD RICE SALAD WITH WALNUTS AND VEGAN FETA
This salad blows me away.The flavors and colors make me want to cry happy tears…
Recipe & Preparation at Pinchofyum
19. ONE POT TANDOORI QUINOA
A satisfying full flavor meal you’ll enjoy!
Recipe by Yupitsvegan
20. ONE POT VEGAN LENTIL CHILI
Recipe by Thegarlicdiaries
21. SEITAN POT ROAST
The seitan is tender and delicious. Potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and onions are all swimming in a thick, rich gravy. And it’s all ready in less than an hour! Get the recipe by Onegreenplanet here.
If you enjoy recipes like this, we highly recommend downloading the Succulently Nutrient Full Vegan Recipe Book, which features 145 whole-food plant-based recipes that are not simply delicious, but also nutritionally balanced to meet all of your body’s needs for a healthy, active lifestyle!